Why Celebrate Mother’s Day with Self-Care?
“Mothering” is the act of bringing up a person, usually in reference to a child, with care and affection. It sounds ridiculously easy. It is not. On this Mother’s Day (and all Mother’s Days, frankly), we hope to encourage all the expecting mamas out there to “mother” yourself.
Guess what? This journey is not just about your baby. It is about you too. To say the least, big changes are coming up as you embark on this new adventure called Motherhood. Sometime in the next nine months, you will likely develop new ways of sleeping, eating, exercising and being.
Important Ways to Mother Yourself on Mother’s Day
Change can be hard but it necessary to get to a new and often times better place. On this journey, as with any other, it’s good to get a game plan going. On the top of the list should be YOU. Take good care of yourself, inside and out.
Here are some ideas to include in your plan:
- Take a good prenatal Vitamin.
- Buy that pregnancy pillow that helps you get more comfortable as you sleep.
- To that end, get enough sleep. Make this a priority.
- Exercise and drink lots and lots of water.
- Eat well and often in little amounts, to avoid nausea.
- Get prenatal massage as often as you can.
- Take some down time just for yourself and your significant other – a day trip even – it doesn’t have to be a full-fledged baby moon.
- And last but not least, take care of your skin! Hormones and stress can wreak havoc. If you’re facing the new challenge of a less than perfect complexion, get into a routine: Wash your face every morning and every night and use a pregnancy safe moisturizer. Most of all, be good to yourself mentally and enjoy your pregnancy!
Happy Mother’s Day! To celebrate yourself, please enjoy 20% off with our online promo code “MOMS16”, now through Mother’s Day.